Honey of the Heart Shows, releases, and more – June-July –
Last month’s concert tour was a busy month, exceeding all expectations and leaving an indelible mark on both our band and the audience. We had a blast touring the pacific northwest, and are excited to be doing some great festivals this summer. A big shout-out goes to Finnriver Cidery and Shaun Lawrence for creating one of our best audio and video opportunities on the tour to date. For us, this means we have the chance to do some post-production and get some products out to you. Check out some of the latest releases in this blog, and make sure to check out our June and July shows listed as well. Be sure to check out the Music and Shows pages for updates.
Honey of the Heart & Community Shows
- 6/1/23 – Jacksonville Hotsprings – Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue acoustic show
- 6/4/23 – Thrive presents: Honey of the Heart with the Wildchoir Humanist Hall , 390 27th Street , Oakland, CA 4-6 pm
- 6/15/23 – Blackbird at the Holbrooke in Grass Valley CA 8-10 pm
- 6/23/23 – Justin Ancheta solo reggae set at the Roseville Galleria 6:30-8:30 pm
- 7/1/23 – Honey of the Heart – High Sierra Music Festival 2023
- 7/8-7/10 – Honey of the Heart – Oregon Country Fair 2023
- 7/13/23 – Honey of the Heart and BrightSide Blue with Justin Ancheta Live in downtown Nevada City CA – 6:15-9:00 PM
- 5/19 The Feelings Parade & Honey of the Heart House Concert, Grass Valley CA
- 5/24 Honey of the Heart House Concert, Bend OR
- 5/26 Dig Deep – Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue, Vashon WA
- 5/27 Juan De Fuca Festival featuring Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue, Port Angeles WA
- 5/27 Sass N Harmony Album Release Show featuring Tom Quell – Ashby Arts Center, Berkeley CA
- 5/28 Finnriver Cider Garden featuring Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue, Chimacum, WA
- 5/29 The Rabbit Box featuring Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue, Seattle WA
- 5/30 Private House Concert with Honey of the Heart and BrightSide Blue, Portland OR
- 5/31 Honey of the Heart & BrightSide Blue at the Alberta Street Pub, Portland OR
What’s Coming this Month?
New local Cali shows with this fine crew!
July 1-2, 2023 – High Sierra Music Festival featuring sets by Honey of the Heart – times Quincy, CA
Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Co, Nevada City
Nevada City Summer Nights Main Stage presents the Honey of the Heart, BrightSide Blue, and Justin Ancheta SuperBand in partnership with Soul Graffiti Productions
Time: 6-9:15 pm
Place: Parking lot in front of ThreeForks Bakery
Nevada City Summer Nights, a celebratory street festival of art and music, has been an annual tradition in this quaint, scenic – and sometimes quirky – community, for 31 years.
Honey of the Heart and BrightSide Blue SuperBand just returned home from touring in Oregon and Washington for this special show in downtown Nevada City, CA.
The music will be rocking! Expect folk-soul-roots-world/flamenco grooves, soaring multi-part harmonies and wailing solo-spiked jams – all offered in a spirit of care, humor, and hopes for a better world.
If you haven’t seen the SuperBand combination of these three different music projects, now is your chance — together they are truly more than the sum of their parts. Tyler Blue, Director of Music at Crazy Horse Grass Valley once said: “It’s rare to witness this level of heartfelt, creative intention come to fruition.”
Both groups toured for years as duos, occasionally inviting other instrumentalists to join as guests, but the power that comes through when they all take the stage together is unparalleled. While there is no telling exactly how it will unfold, the chances of crying, laughing, or dancing wildly during a live performance is nearly guaranteed.
Since launching the combined music group late last year, they have been featured at multiple festivals and stages across the West Coast including Relaxpansion Festival in Ashland OR, Common Vision May Festival, California Worldfest in Grass Valley, CA and Juan de Fuca Festival in Port Angeles, WA.
Talent buyers, event producers, community members and strangers alike continue to express their ardent astonishment at the awesomeness of this Super Band. Executive Director of the Center for the Arts, Amber Jo Manuel, shares: “This group was a hit at WorldFest. They played multiple stages throughout our four day festival including a spot on the main stage with some top artists from across the globe. They are always loved by the audience, have an excellent following and bring great vibes.”
These two groups found harmony in the dissonance of the pandemic: Every week they met safely outdoors to support one another and keep spirits high by learning each other’s tunes. Their story of resilience through hard times is a testament to the healing power of music and community. Honey of the Heart and BrightSide Blue were just featured on a podcast called “Neurons To Nirvana” where both bands speak candidly about their deep connection as friends and musical allies.
The full group featured at Hot Summer Nights on July 12 includes: Beau Askew on drums, Thomas Spellman on bass, Lindsay Bellows on vocals and percussion, Maren Metke on vocals and ukulele, Justin Ancheta on vocals and guitar, and Ananda Vaughan on guitar and vocals.
We hope you enjoy the images from one of our shows on this past tour. Be sure to like and subscribe to our social media to stay in touch with more Justin Ancheta Shows! Thanks to Marco Maynard for these images.